Monday, May 6, 2019

Anderson's Jig for the LORD (Christian and Californian Jig)

Anderson's Jegg forre the LORD

Yes, the long awaited Anderson's Jig is here; also known as Anderson's Jig for the LORD. I loved this tune as soon as I heard it to tell you truth; the Anderson brothers both have great individual versions of the psalm which the tune was meant for. I don't know what made the pastor come up with it in the first place but it is brilliant, I really wish there'd be more folky and ancient-sounding renditions of psalms like this. The tune was made for the fifteenth psalm as I had stated before; allow me to explain that one. It is a five-verse psalm, yet it is so expressive in the sense that the Holy Spirit really shows us what kind of person we should strive to be, just in those five verses. I can only really compare it to the first psalm, although the first psalm isn't as human as the fifteenth psalm. Psalm 15 seems to be sung from the perspective of man and not as authoritative as psalm 1; both are wonderful psalms however, which both Bro. Clint Anderson and Bro. Ramon Ventura have done. 

                         

These kinds of things tend to make you grateful that God has given us music and such. I sometimes don't even know what I want to do in terms of profession, as music has completely taken over. I've come to know a lot of like-minded folks in that regard; they may work and they may have lives of their own but sometimes you can't help but just jam out for a good half hour or so for the sake of doing so. I really find that to be fun, but alas, it is too much fun for me to handle as I tend to procrastinate due to music. Sometimes I wish I'd never gotten into it. This is a pretty cool jig of Anderson's though; I definitely wasn't expecting the attention psalm 15 got when I uploaded it, it was kind of weird when that happened. So to conclude: Psalm 15 is a wonderful psalm, and a pastor out there in Arizona (originally from California so it is a Californian rendition if I stretch logic a bit) made a wonderful rendition of it, charging me to make a jig from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment